Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend - Secunderabad Rides - Part 2

On finishing the loop we felt we had a lot of "gas" left and felt we should do more. Chandra's son dropped off, and we headed towards the route around AOC/Cantonment area, with Nalin leading the ride.

What was coming up next was just too good to be true! I had never imagined Secunderabad area could be so green and beautiful!

As it was mostly the Army area, there was tons and tons of greenery and fresh air and clean roads. Though I don't have the exact route map for this ride, it was just the perfect place for biking. We did approx. 10km one-way and headed back to complete close to 20km of riding around Cantonment. Saw a few old tankers, jeeps and felt as though I was somewhere in the North India around borders doing cycle rides! I'm sure we'll go there many more times, and take pictures to post it up here.

Had breakfast at hotel, was a little tired, so dropped off the bike at Chandra's house and got home. But it was such an excellent experience - overall about 50km in just my 3rd day!

Approx map:-

























Sunday was an exact repeat of the Part 2 of this journey but covering about 35kms in all on Chandra's cyclo-computer.

I gotta buy one of those, it's nice to keep of my rides more accurately. Added the things that I'd need/desire here.

No comments:

Post a Comment