Saturday, December 20, 2008

Medak Charity Ride - 20-Dec-2008

Shay was gonna do a Charity ride as part of Microsoft Giving Campaign and most of us (8 confirmed) decided to accompany him along for the 100km ride from Hyderabad to Medak.

Woke up early at 4:45am (Phew!!), took bath, got ready, reached Begumpet station at 6am and took the 6:12 MMTS to get to Hafeezpet. Was asked by a few in the station to book the Cycle (as luggage!). I was sure they'd allow it in the vendor bogie as the train would be fairly empty at that time, and just bought my ticket (3rs).

Reached Hafeezpet station and rode to Miyapur 'X' roads from there to reach at about 6:45. Tried to call Shay to let him know that I was gonna join them from there but his phone was busy. So decided to ride further and meet them all at the original meeting point - Reddy labs gate on the Medak road. Called him twice again, but line was busy, so just waited there and had chai (2rs50ps). After a little while about 7:10am he confirmed that they'd passed that place about 45mins back!!!

So it had to be that I had to do the ride alone, to catch up with them or just do some distance and head back - which is what I decided to do.

Rode quite a bit of distance - passed a few engg. colleges on the way. So until that point I guess I had covered almost 15-20km, after starting from Hafeezpet. Decided to head back at about 8:30am as it was starting to get hotter.

Took a deviation and came via Nizampet - passed Maytas Hill County and lots of other construction sites and finally reached Kukkatpally junction. Reached home at 9:30, not totally exhausted but with a feeling of a nice neat ride.

Well, almost forgot to mention that I did this ride, carrying a backpack of about 5kgs which had extra clothes - to change into in the later half of the day, stuff to eat etc...din happen to need any of those!

I guess I did all of this 35-40km today, just on half a bottle of water and a tiny cup of chai. I guess it was worth it, and gave me a fair idea of how much I could do.

Here's the approx ride route:-

No comments:

Post a Comment